years in Istanbul. The American great, who beat L

Landsväg: Kommande träningar, möten m.m.

Moderator: Moderatorer - Race

carrie567
Registrerades: 19-07-25 10:21

years in Istanbul. The American great, who beat L

Inläggav carrie567 » 19-07-31 08:53

Singapore (SportsNetwork.com) - World No. 1 superstar Serena Williams and French Open runner-up Simona Halep were a pair of round-robin winners at the season-ending $6.5 million WTA Finals in Singapore. The U.S. Open champion Williams won the Day 1 nightcap by handling seventh- seeded former No. 1 Ana Ivanovic 6-4, 6-4 on the hardcourts at Singapore Indoor Stadium. Williams has captured this prestigious eight-player event four times, including the last two years in Istanbul. The American great, who beat Li Na in last years final, is also a two-time Finals runner-up. Im really excited with how I played tonight, Williams said. To see all my fans over there was really exciting -- thank you so much! Ive been working hard and am glad to be here. Today I was really fighting all the way. Ana played so well, I was just trying to fight as hard as I could. I was even losing my voice from shouting come on so much! The resurgent Ivanovic is making her first WTA Finals appearance in six years. Im definitely very disappointed that both sets I made few easy errors in the last service game, Ivanovic said. Especially in the first set, you know. I had a break point in 4-all, which I didnt take and kind of got down a little bit on myself. Then I rushed a little bit in the next service game, so that was a little bit disappointing. I felt I created lots of chances, especially off the ground. The fourth-seeded Halep opened the event Monday with a 6-2, 6-3 victory over fifth-seeded Wimbledon runner-up Eugenie Bouchard. Both Halep and Bouchard are making their WTA Finals debuts this week. I played really well and am really happy to have found my game again, Halep said. I played aggressive at the right times and hit some winners. She [Bouchard] is a great player and is very young and will definitely be at the top for a long time. Tuesdays matches will pit second-seeded French Open champion Maria Sharapova against eighth-seeded U.S. Open runner-up Caroline Wozniacki and third-seeded Wimbledon champ Petra Kvitova versus sixth-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska. Sharapova captured this tournament in 2004 and is a two-time runner-up, while Kvitova was the WTA Finals champ in 2011 and Wozniacki was a finalist in 2010. Williams (1-0) leads this weeks four-player Red Group, which also features Halep (1-0), Bouchard (0-1) and Ivanovic (0-1). Sharapova (0-0) heads up the four-woman White Group, which also features Kvitova (0-0), Radwanska (0-0) and Wozniacki (0-0). Nikola Vucevic Magic Jersey . The move is retroactive to Aug. 1. Hosmer was originally hit on the hand in the first inning of a July 20 loss to Boston. He has played most of the time since, but missed a few contests due to the injury, then departed Thursdays win over the Twins and had tests that revealed the fracture. Melvin Frazier Jersey . The Incheon-based tea, of the Korea Baseball Organization said the deal for the 35-year-old Scott included a $50,000 signing bonus. Scott reached the major leagues with Houston in 2005 and hit 23 homers or more for Baltimore each year from 2008-10. http://www.magicauthentic.com/kids-melv ... -jersey/.Y. -- That hangover from the Big East tournament is gone for Villanova. Jonathan Isaac Magic Jersey .com) - The Carolina Hurricanes hope to remain perfect at home in January on Friday night as they welcome the Vancouver Canucks to PNC Arena. Jerian Grant Magic Jersey . The Mavericks were not going to let San Antonio beat them with 3-pointers, and they did not want Tony Parker using the lane as his personal playground.Washington, DC - One-time world No. 2 Svetlana Kuznetsova received a walkover into the semifinals at the Citi Open tennis event on Friday. The sixth-seeded two-time Grand Slam champion was scheduled to meet Vania King in a quarterfinal affair, but the American pulled out of the match, citing a hip injury, at FitzGerald Tennis Center. The former U.S. Open champion Kuznetsova will face a fellow Russian, either second-seeded Ekaterinna Makarova or fifth-seeded Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, on Saturday.dddddddddddd Pavlyuchenkova was a D.C. finalist two years ago. Meanwhile, New Zealands Marina Erakovic topped Serb Bojana Jovanovski 6-4, 6-4 and Japans Kurumi Nara clipped Frances Kristina Mladenovic 6-3, 6-1. Erakovic and Nara will meet in Saturdays unlikely other hardcourt semi. The winner of this U.S. Open Series tournament will collect $43,000. ' ' '

Dela med dig på Facebook eller Twitter:

Återgå till "HCK Race"